A recent study conducted at Ohio State University in the US reported that the dietary carotenoids, that gives tomatoes their colour, will protect the skin from ultraviolet (UV) light damage. With the number of people being diagnosed with skin cancer increases with each passing year, it’s a good news that the daily consumption of tomato may cut the chances of skin cancer.
This small, round, sweet, juicy, delicious red fruit is one of the largest consuming vegetables in the world, not only because of its culinary purpose but also due to its numerous health benefits and nutrition. Tomato for skin cancer was just the latest example for its infinite fitness blessings.
From the time immemorial, there exists a long love affair between man and tomato due to its capacity for better acclimatization to various environment. Today, it comes in a vast array of varieties differing in colour, size, shape and taste. Now tomato has emerged as one of the most desired vegetables in the world due to its unique taste and nutritional qualities. More than 100 new tomato varieties are being made available in the world market with each passing year.
The health benefits of tomatoes gave it the title “God food” and forms an integral part of cuisines all over the world. Tomato is also a good source of potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous and copper. Organic compounds like lycopene also attribute to the health benefits. The criteria for selection of tomato varies with country and the culture. Asian markets for tomatoes are particular about lighter colours while in European markets, small shapes of tomatoes are preferred.
So how the “God food” dominate the seed market? A report by Market Intelligence, a market research firm, states, ‘The Tomato Seed Market revenue covers a whopping 829.8 Million USD of the 7.8 Billion USD revenue of Vegetable Seed Market’. The numerical figure clearly depicts the dominance of seed market by tomatoes.
Tomato is the most widely grown and consumed vegetable globally. China is the largest producer of tomatoes followed by India, United States, Turkey and Egypt. The food processing market occupies 30% of the destination market for tomato while 70% of it is consumed as fresh produce.
Nowadays, the main focus of leading seed companies all over the globe is to improve the yield, adaptability to various climatic conditions and developing varieties with disease and pest tolerance. High emphasis has been laid to developing disease resistance tomatoes because tomato is attacked by more than 200 diseases and pests. Some of the important diseases of tomatoes are bacterial wilt, Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Virus (TYLCV), Groundnut Bud Necrosis Virus (GBNV), etc. Breeders from companies are also working on developing flavours for the final taste of tomatoes. The growth of tomato seed is heavily credited to the use of hybrid seeds and usage of high-value experimental varieties in developed economies. Although the investment in this industry is high, the return on investment is dramatically encouraging farmers globally to adopt hybrid tomato seeds for its …
Healthy body is the most important treasure you have in life. What will you do with thousands or even millions of money if you are always in the hospital because of a weak body? You will not be able to enjoy other things in life if you are always in the hospital getting treatment. So while you are still young you should pay special attention to your health. Here are some ways to stop getting sick and being hospitalized.
1. Eat healthy foods – we are what we eat. If we are eating junk foods all the time then it is not surprising that our health is getting into waste as well but if we are eating healthy foods then we can as well live a healthy life. It is advisable to eat fruits and vegetables to get all the nutrients and vitamins our body need. Fruits and green leafy vegetables are also good for the body resistance that fight germs and bacteria that cause people get sick. It would be great to also have a balanced diet not only to get sexy body but also healthy body. Do you think skipping meals is great for you? Well you must think again. If you want to lose weight then skipping meals is not the answer to this. You could come up with balanced and healthy diet without skipping important meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner. You might not see the negative results immediately but as days passed by you will see your body suffer. You do not want this to be a reason for you getting hospitalized so please be careful with the foods you eat and the way you eat while you are still young.
2. Have regular exercise – many people are too lazy to commit themselves to regular exercise in the gym. Although it would be ideal if you will enroll in a gym and get a trainer to get proper training and enough motivation to do the best you can, it is also enough that you have a discipline to run or stretch every morning or every night before you sleep . If you have sports then make this as your exercise. However, if you are not the athletic type and you are not comfortable running or jumping around then you could have other alternatives like yoga. This is great for your body and also for your mind. Yoga will help you find the inner peace and relaxation that you need to be able to continue in life. If you want to learn how to practice yoga, you could enroll to various yoga classes or you could also read about this.
3. Get enough sleep – sometimes, when we are still young we tend to overwork, we are abusing our body by not having sleep. However, this is not healthy at all. If you really can not avoid staying up late because of work or your studies then make sure to get enough sleep during weekends. …
If you are operating, or plan to operate, a professional service in Florida, then you should consider doing so as a professional corporation. This entity is a type of corporation which is organized to render a specifically designated professional service. Examples of services rendered by a professional corporation, just to name a few, are certified public accountants, chiropractors, doctors of medicine, architects, attorneys and life insurance agents. These types of professional services, as noted above, can operate through the vehicle of a professional corporation in Florida. You should note that a professional corporation is also referred to as a “P.A.” or professional association.
To form a professional corporation in Florida, you must take the following steps:
– The first step is to prepare articles of incorporation and file the articles with the State of Florida. The articles of incorporation must state the name of the entity, address of the corporation, the name and address of the registered agent, and must state the specific purpose for which the corporation is organized (e.g., chiropractic medicine, Certified Public Accountant, etc.). Please note, the name of the professional corporation must contain the words “chartered” or the words “professional association”, or the abbreviation “P.A.” Once the articles are prepared, you must file this document with the Florida Division of Corporations along with the state filing fee of $70.00.
– Once the articles of incorporation are filed, you should then obtain a tax identification number for your entity through the Internal Revenue Service. You can apply for a tax ID either online at http://www.irs.gov or call the IRS. Their contact information can be found on the IRS website.
– Next, you should elect “S” corporation status for your entity. To do so, you must complete and submit Form 2553 to the IRS. You can obtain Form 2553 on the IRS website or seek the help of an accountant to assist you with such election.…
The sport of western boxing has had a lot of fans since the early days of the late 19th century in America. Even when organized public fighting matches were still considered a crime punishable by time in jail and a fine they drew a horde of spectators. But then again, who doesn’t love a good fight?
Fighting way back then looked a whole lot different than fighting currently does. Over the years more science and research has been done, into human movement and fitness. The upright postures with hands held low that make early boxing easy to identify have been changed over the years.
In the 21st century, fighters appear more fluid, more aggressive, and in a crouched stance. Legs bent, body weight forward on toes. Unlike the fighters of yesteryear, today, a fighter today uses his hands as well as shoulders to obscure and protect that path that leads right to the “kisser”, or “button”.
The fighters main weapons continue to be his hands, while they also use a lot of holding, pushing, and leaning on strategies to wear down their opponent. With those weapons, there is generally an arsenal of 8 specific punches that a good fighter will develop. From these eight punches there is an incredible array of “combinations” that can be thrown as he tries to get past the defenses of the opponent in the opposite corner.
This list is a brief description of those 8 punches of boxing:
The way most people ask about how much dental implants cost sound very much the way they would ask how much a car costs and with good reason. As with cars, the cost of which will depend on what type and model of car you require, the cost you pay for implants depends on how many implants you need and why you need them.
On a good day, patients can expect to pay anywhere between the amounts of $1,200 to $3,000, not including any of the fixtures above it or anything else to hold your teeth in. If you’re going to pay for the implant, the piece that goes into it, the crown on top of that and grafting materials, this could set you back about $3,500 to $4,000 for that type of implant. OK, so it is actually closer to purchasing a new car but the thing is, dental implants last longer and well, even if you have the flashiest car around, if you mumble or slur your words because of ill-fitting dentures or bridges, then the car may actually be a better investment.
The good news is, you can actually find dental implants that won’t break the bank. Dental implants that are affordable don’t easily come by but with a lot of patience you may be able to find one at about half of the total cost and maybe even ones for free. All you need to know is where to look.
The first thing you need to do is discuss your options with your dentist. He or she may be able to come up with affordable payment plans or allow you to pay for your implants in installments. He or she may even suggest that you get dental discount cards that they participate in, ones that offer at least 30%-50% on dental procedures and are usually valid for a year.
Another way to afford your dental implants is to shop around for dental insurance policies that cover a substantial part, if not the full price for dental implant procedures. While most dental insurance policies won’t cover dental implants because it is considered cosmetic procedure, it is better to have at least a part of it covered than having to pay for it all when your budget clearly doesn’t allow it even if you need it.
You can also try to browse for cosmetic dental clinics online that offer payment plans for their patients to get dental implants. Find sites that accept Hicaps and most reputable health cards, as well as credit through any financing institutions. Sites that allow you extended payment options ensures you get the treatment when you want it and when you need it without worrying about how to pay for it.
It is also recommended that you take advantage of your benefits package at work if you have any. Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) allow you to contribute money from every pay period before they are taxed, and this is the same money you can …
Are you planning a New Year trip abroad this year? If the answer is yes, then this article is just for you and if not; you can surely use this for the future. This article talks about the things to be taken and not to be taken while backpacking for a vacation abroad. This packing guide for men will help you know what type of clothes and gear you should bring in order to have a great time.
Let us look at the number of things you should remember to backpack this vacation. This guide is for a week’s vacation.
What You Should Pack
• T-shirts/Shirts: Be super fashionable this time and get a few check plaid shirts that are both formal and casual on the way you sport it. Broad checks are surely the casual way of going out and small checks are about formal occasions. Solid shirts are also very pleasing and if you are more into solids, keep them. You can keep about four pairs of shirts and two t-shirts to mix and match.
• Pants: Keep a pair of denims and two trousers that can be switched with the shirts/t-shirts. Shorts are also welcome but winters would be a bad time to freeze in the cold. Make sure the color or the lowers should be such that the upper can be easily teamed up.
• Men’s underwear: Well! Men’s underwear is again a very important clothing article that will keep you comfortable and warm down there abroad. Whatever your style quotient be either you prefer men’s brief underwear or men’s thong underwear; you can keep full Seven pairs in order to change every day, because you never know if you’ll get a chance to do your laundry or not. If you’re planning this trip with your partner and have plans to get to action; make sure you have sexy underwear styles such as men’s g-strings and more.
• Socks: Seven pairs of socks will be sufficient again in order to change every day. Make sure your socks are warm and cozy so that they keep your feet warm. Avoid cotton and go for nylon or polyester.
• Shoes: One pair of formal shoes and one casual ones such as sneakers would be sufficient for a week’s trip. You can keep one more if you are a shoe maniac. Less number of shoes would keep your luggage is lightweight and would keep some free space for other things.
• Winter wear: A jacket, two sweaters/sweatshirts will be enough for the trip. You can keep changing and mix matching your style and still be warm in the entire journey. For maximum versatility, make your sweaters and button-up shirts all look good together because you can wear them together.
• Toiletry items: Make sure you get a small pouch that carries every toiletry items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving kit, dental floss, small scissors, clipper, deodorants, lip balm, toilet paper, hand sanitizer and body powder.
• A first-aid kit:…
Healthy eating is important for everyone, from babies to the elderly. Learning to eat well is more than just eating a variety of foods so that your body gets the proper nutrients. It is also about enjoyment of foods and maintaining a healthy weight. Anyone can eat for good health. It involves 2 simple steps. First is to eat foods from all the different food groups. The second step is to eat a variety of foods from each group every day. Sounds simple. However so many people are not following a healthy eating plan. Busy lifestyles, availability of fast food, advertising and a lack of understanding of what healthy food is, all work against people trying for healthyier eating. Unhealthy eating causes illness and weight problems. Type 2 diabetes is increasing dramatically and is directly linked to the increase in obesity. Heart disease and some cancers are also linked to obesity.
A study by the Medical Journal of Australia found that 56% of Australian adults are considered overweight or obese. This is a 61% increase in obesity since 1991 Un-treated obesity poses significant, even life-threatening health risks.
Everyone understands the importance of having car / home / insurance. Have you considered the importance of nutritional insurance? This means eating the foods that will protect you against future disease, and understanding the benefits nutritional supplements can provide.
If you are currently not following a healthy plan you will be surprised that you are most likely not eating enough. You may need to increase the amount of food you consume.
Daily Food Suggestions
Fruit 2-3 servings, Vegetables 5-7 serves, Protein 3-6 serves, Whole grains 2-3 serves, Dairy 2-3 serves
Antioxidant Super Foods
Antioxidants help prevent cellular damage. Eat plenty of foods rich in antioxidants such as almonds, berries, citrus, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
1. Top your cereal with almonds or berries; Add tomatoes to sandwiches, soups or stews; Layer your whole grain bread sandwich with slices of peppers and fresh spinach.
2. Pack a snack bag of nuts, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, and bell pepper slices for a nutritious pick-me-up between meals.
3. Protein snack bars carry easily for quick energy and a tasty treat.
Calcium is the super nutrient that keeps bones and teeth strong. Now research shows that low-fat dairy also helps people lose weight! The best sources of calcium come from the cow.
1. Start your day with a protein rich breakfast. Add a bowl of whole grain cereal topped with skim milk and fresh fruit for a breakfast of champions.
2. Snack on low-fat yogurt or cheese between meals for an energizing treat.
3. Calcium-fortified juices and cereals are excellent alternatives to meet your three-a-day requirement.
Fiber does wonderful things for the body, from lower cholesterol levels, keeping you regular, and sometimes preventing certain cancers. Grandma called it roughage and we need plenty of it each day.
1. Read food labels to find whole grain breads and cereals that provide three or more grams …
Osaka is the second largest city of Japan. This financial centre is home to 7% of the Japanese population and also draws in outsiders with its reputation as a major tourist destination. Osaka has many renowned recreational parks, castles, shrines, aquariums and beaches. In general, the health care sector of Osaka is well developed and has many world class hospitals with English speaking employees to care for the needs of visitors to the country. This article outlines some of the better hospitals of Osaka.
Kitano Hospital, located at 2-4-20 Ohgimachi,Kita-ku,Osaka was founded in 1928 and is operated by the reputable Tazuke Kofukai Foundation. Kitano Hospital has 707 beds and more than 1000 staff. It has full fledged sectors for all medical specialties including dialysis and mind-body medicine. The hospital has well designed OPD, a research center and a relaxation room. The surgery sector features a central operation theater and conducts a variety of general and specific surgeries. The modern hematology department offers effective treatment for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The hospital has 24-hour emergency and ambulatory care and a well equipped emergency room(ER) where service of many physicians and surgeons are available. The departments of anesthesiology and critical care medicine are comprised of 7 staff doctors and 5 residents who work in association to provide the best possible care. The ICU has modern facilities to provide respiratory, sedative, circulatory and analgesic care to patients. This is also a premier institution for medical education and research. Tel: 6-6361-0588
Sumitomo Hospital situated at 2-2 Nakanoshima 5-chome, Kita-ku, Osaka is another reliable hospital in Osaka that provides high quality health care service. This modern hospital founded in 1921 employs eminent doctors and offers especially good personal care to its patients. This huge health care facility has full fledged departments in all medical specialties including some rare specialties. These special centers include a cancer chemotherapy center, a diabetes center and a digestive disease center. The surgery department has the necessary facilities to perform various operations such as thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, and cardiovascular surgery. In addition, the hospital has well equipped ICUs, an emergency department and various laboratories. Warm accommodations in spacious rooms are provided in the hospital. Tel: (06) 6443-1261
Nissay Hospital is situated at Itatibori 6-chome, Nishi-ku, 550-0012 in Osaka. It is a well equipped general hospital that offers quality medical service. This modern hospital has achieved the certificate of approval from the Council for Quality Health Care and is recognized by numerous medical societies of Japan. The hospital provides comprehensive health care in every medical department. It has a minimally invasive medical center, a cancer treatment center, and a center for lifestyle-related diseases. The surgery section of the hospital is prepared to conduct endoscopic surgeries such as thoracic, spinal, abdominal, gynecologic and urological surgeries. The hospital also offers effective service in hemodialysis, bone marrow transplants, blood stem cell transplants, antibody therapy, glaucoma surgery, laser photocoagulation and much more. Luxurious accommodations are also available. The hospital is also a well known …
There are various types of bracelets. Among them, the titanium bracelets are quite a fashionable one. But as they have magnetic qualities, thus, like magnetic therapy they also alleviate the pain of the wearer to some extent. Easy to wear and safe bracelets of titanium can minimize the symptoms of back pain and arthritis. The effects that the bracelets have are as follows:
Helps in Relieving Pain
The titanium bracelets have been a good way of pain reduction. Sometimes it was found to be relieving in carpel tunnel syndrome. The nerves stimulated when magnets are used in a specific area. This helps in releasing the natural pain killers of the body. According to some people, the magnet also stimulates the flow of blood. This leads to the increase in the ionic exchange. Thus, the person will have a gush of nutrients and oxygenated blood into the area.
Initiates Better Healing
They are good as a healing compound. The healing is initiated by the disposing and localizing the by-products of any injury. The usage of the negatively charged magnets if kept in direct contact with the injured area may increase the body’s power to start the healing process.
Boosts the Healing System
The titanium bracelets have a massive role in increasing the white blood cells. The white blood cells are the ones that defend the body against foreign materials and infectious diseases. They also help to remove the toxins from the affected area. This promotes a healthy immune system. The body’s immune system may speed up in this system.
Helps to Increase Energy
A bracelet of titanium can give a person more energy. The magnetic therapy leads to the increase of the oxygen flow in the body. The flow of oxygen plays a significant part in the metabolism of the energy. This also is good for imparting energy through respiration of carbon dioxide. They enhance cellular respiration. The oxygen level in the blood increases and thus, the person feels more energetic.
The titanium bracelets have anti-inflammatory functions also. This occurs because the normal electromagnetic in the body is restored. A normal electromagnetic property provides relax to the capillary walls. This is also good for the connective tissues and the surrounding muscles and allows proper flow of the blood. The proper flow of blood requires the transfer of the nutrients and the oxygen to the injured place. This causes a decrease in the inflammatory agents and the pain of a person.
Because the bracelets are made of titanium, they are less likely to corrode away. In fact, the titanium bracelets can withstand high-temperature conditions, rough handling, and salt water. Thus you can be sure that they are going to last you for several years.…
What is chronic halitosis?
The most common cause of chronic halitosis (chronic bad
breath) is an oral condition such as bacterial build up in
the mouth, a cavity, or abscess. Another possible cause is
bacteria that produce volatile sulfur compounds on the
tongue which can occur either because your body produces
too much naturally, or from a high protein diet. Another
common cause of chronic halitosis is dry mouth. All the
conditions mentioned above are breeding grounds for the
bacteria that cause bad breath. But there are cures for
chronic bad breath which we’ll get into later.
To start, since you may be immune to the smell of your
breath, the easiest way to determine if you have chronic
halitosis is to ask someone you trust, like a spouse,
parent or sibling.
Causes of chronic halitosis
If your suspicions of halitosis are confirmed there are
some easy and effective cures for chronic bad breath, but
first you must know what is causing it. Some common causes
o Odorous foods, foods high in protein and even coffee can
cause chronic halitosis.
o Cavities, decay, abscesses and gum disease can also
create bad breath.
o Tobacco use
o Alcohol and alcohol-based mouth washes
o Allergies, sinus problems and the common cold
o Infrequent or incorrect brushing and flossing
o Body over producing bacteria is another cause of chronic
o Certain medications or diseases
o Dry mouth
Cures for Chronic Bad Breath
So, what are some cures for chronic bad breath. The good
news is there are many.
o If you are due, schedule an appointment with your dentist
for a check-up and cleaning. Make him aware of the problem,
so he can check your oral health.
o Brush and floss after every meal.
o Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist. A few
times per day, while drinking water, squish it around your
mouth and in between your teeth to break up any food that
may be hiding.
o Add baking soda to your toothpaste to help kill odors in
o Stay away from alcohol-based mouth washes and sprays.
Instead make a wash using a couple drops of tea tree oil
o Trade in your breath mints for parley, cloves or thyme.
o Avoid diets high in fat or high in protein
o If you’re a dairy addict, cut back and see if this helps
your chronic halitosis.
Brush that Bad Right Out of Your Breath
Sounds simple, but a very easy way to get rid of chronic
halitosis is to brush and floss directly after every meal.
Now, this does not mean that people who suffer from chronic
halitosis don’t brush their teeth or have poor hygiene; it
simply means you may have to do so more frequently.
Flossing regularly will also help cure chronic bad breath
as it will loosen and eliminate any food lodged between
Can bad breath be treated?
Yes, but first you must identify the cause and …