When an American citizen has a toothache and can’t afford traditional dentists, crossing the border is one option. Our neighboring country of Mexico offers less costly prescription drugs and other medical services including dentistry. Many U.S. residents would not be able to afford certain types of health care without this less expensive option. But is it a good idea? There are pros and cons to leaving the country for dental work.
Some of the positive aspects include:
Less costly: If a person doesn’t have a hefty bank account balance or insurance coverage, American dental work can be out of their price range. A crown, which may cost up to $4,000 in the states may cost less than $1,000 across the border. That’s a huge savings!
Same day service: Mexican clinics are usually able to see patients right away. The labs are quicker to make crowns and other items than our country’s labs. In the United States, the wait for a porcelain crown may be a couple of weeks, but Mexican crowns may be ready by the next day.
Vacation at the same time: Many oral health care practices in our sister country are located close to the beach. What better place to wait for your appointment time to arrive? Some patients are combining a waterfront vacation at the same time as accomplishing their oral health care goals. With all the money saved on the less expensive services, why not?
Technology and training has improved: Initially, the dental and medical communities across borders were substantially inferior to the rigid standards set in the states. This has been changing over time and the foreign countries’ practices have greatly improved, especially in major cities.
Some of the negative aspects include:
Drug Traffic Criminals: Unfortunately, drug trafficking has reached an all time high which has caused more crime to occur. Some innocent by-standers have been caught in the crossfire of these unsavory criminal activities.
Not all practitioners are well qualified: A citizen needs to thoroughly check out their prospective dental health care workers. This is true in all countries, but the U.S. has stricter regulatory practices that promote a broader range of safety standards and well as trained, high quality practitioners.
Far away if anything goes wrong: The unfortunate side of traveling to a far-away locale to have any type of medical service performed is the fact that it IS far away. Should something go wrong while you’re outside your home nation, your own docs are unavailable. If something goes wrong after you’re back home, it’s a long way to travel to have the problem remedied. An ill-fitting crown or botched root canal can become a serious issue that will need to be tended to by a local doctor. Trying to save money can sometimes cost a lot more in the long run.
Are dentists in Tijuana or Chihuahua a good idea? This is an individual decision every person must make for themselves. Weighing the pros and cons as well as talking to friends …
So, there you are, dragging your patooty through one gray day after another, wondering where your brain went, why your body aches and if you'll ever feel good again.
Even if your doctor checked for thyroid problems, and the flaky blood tests actually found the problem, you probably ended up on the ineffective medication Synthroid or its generic equivalent. It helps almost nobody.
But you do not have to be hypothyroid to lack energy and joy. Perhaps your thyroid's in a world of hurt because of what you've been doing to it, but it'll work if you let it.
Either way, here are six tips to stop beating up on your thyroid and get a power boost.
• Do not eat bread, cookies, cakes, etc-at least, not any you buy. And not because of calories. Commercial bakeries started using bromine, a fire retardant, as a dough conditioner in the 1980s, and bromine is death on the thyroid, which just happens to control our metabolism and energy.
Here's how it goes. Our thyroid hormone needs iodine to work Bromine is chemically very similar to iodine, and when it gets into our bodies, it pushes iodine out of the way and hijacks our thyroid hormone. Well, bogus thyroid can not cut the mustard, so you're toast. You're pumping out hormone with no power. Zilch, zero, nada.
But here's the kicker: Blood tests can not tell real thyroid from bogus thyroid. You may be dragging bottom, but the test says you're good to go. Even if you're verging on comatose. The blood test has spoken.
• And everything I said about bromine goes for fluoride-in spades. Do not drink fluoridated water. Do not use fluoridated toothpaste. Do not bathe in fluoridated water. Do not take fluoride-based antibiotics. No fluoride; No way, no how.
Fluoride's murder. And, no, it does not help anyone's teeth; Fluoride has mottled and weakened the teeth of nearly half the kids in the US There's nothing good to say about fluoride.
• Eat plenty of protein, including red meat at least every other day. Our thyroid glands, as part of the endocrine system, thrive on protein. They live for protein. They can not make it without protein. And red meat has micronutrients we need and can not get anywhere else.
But (and why is there always a 'but'?) Do not eat just any protein. Beef from factory farms contains hormones, antibiotics and, because of the cow's unnatural diet of grains, a whole lot of disease-causing Omega 6.
Gotta get grass fed, grass finished beef-and milk, butter and cheese-with no hormones and no antibiotics, just a bunch of omega 3 to bless your socks off.
• You do not want to cut off the fat, either. Our bodies make their hormones from saturated fat. Our brains need fat to function. And we need to eat saturated fat to absorb nutrition from our food. No fat means no nutrition.
• And for pity's sake, I'm begging you, do not eat soy. …
A recent study conducted at Ohio State University in the US reported that the dietary carotenoids, that gives tomatoes their colour, will protect the skin from ultraviolet (UV) light damage. With the number of people being diagnosed with skin cancer increases with each passing year, it’s a good news that the daily consumption of tomato may cut the chances of skin cancer.
This small, round, sweet, juicy, delicious red fruit is one of the largest consuming vegetables in the world, not only because of its culinary purpose but also due to its numerous health benefits and nutrition. Tomato for skin cancer was just the latest example for its infinite fitness blessings.
From the time immemorial, there exists a long love affair between man and tomato due to its capacity for better acclimatization to various environment. Today, it comes in a vast array of varieties differing in colour, size, shape and taste. Now tomato has emerged as one of the most desired vegetables in the world due to its unique taste and nutritional qualities. More than 100 new tomato varieties are being made available in the world market with each passing year.
The health benefits of tomatoes gave it the title “God food” and forms an integral part of cuisines all over the world. Tomato is also a good source of potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous and copper. Organic compounds like lycopene also attribute to the health benefits. The criteria for selection of tomato varies with country and the culture. Asian markets for tomatoes are particular about lighter colours while in European markets, small shapes of tomatoes are preferred.
So how the “God food” dominate the seed market? A report by Market Intelligence, a market research firm, states, ‘The Tomato Seed Market revenue covers a whopping 829.8 Million USD of the 7.8 Billion USD revenue of Vegetable Seed Market’. The numerical figure clearly depicts the dominance of seed market by tomatoes.
Tomato is the most widely grown and consumed vegetable globally. China is the largest producer of tomatoes followed by India, United States, Turkey and Egypt. The food processing market occupies 30% of the destination market for tomato while 70% of it is consumed as fresh produce.
Nowadays, the main focus of leading seed companies all over the globe is to improve the yield, adaptability to various climatic conditions and developing varieties with disease and pest tolerance. High emphasis has been laid to developing disease resistance tomatoes because tomato is attacked by more than 200 diseases and pests. Some of the important diseases of tomatoes are bacterial wilt, Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Virus (TYLCV), Groundnut Bud Necrosis Virus (GBNV), etc. Breeders from companies are also working on developing flavours for the final taste of tomatoes. The growth of tomato seed is heavily credited to the use of hybrid seeds and usage of high-value experimental varieties in developed economies. Although the investment in this industry is high, the return on investment is dramatically encouraging farmers globally to adopt hybrid tomato seeds for its …
Healthy body is the most important treasure you have in life. What will you do with thousands or even millions of money if you are always in the hospital because of a weak body? You will not be able to enjoy other things in life if you are always in the hospital getting treatment. So while you are still young you should pay special attention to your health. Here are some ways to stop getting sick and being hospitalized.
1. Eat healthy foods – we are what we eat. If we are eating junk foods all the time then it is not surprising that our health is getting into waste as well but if we are eating healthy foods then we can as well live a healthy life. It is advisable to eat fruits and vegetables to get all the nutrients and vitamins our body need. Fruits and green leafy vegetables are also good for the body resistance that fight germs and bacteria that cause people get sick. It would be great to also have a balanced diet not only to get sexy body but also healthy body. Do you think skipping meals is great for you? Well you must think again. If you want to lose weight then skipping meals is not the answer to this. You could come up with balanced and healthy diet without skipping important meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner. You might not see the negative results immediately but as days passed by you will see your body suffer. You do not want this to be a reason for you getting hospitalized so please be careful with the foods you eat and the way you eat while you are still young.
2. Have regular exercise – many people are too lazy to commit themselves to regular exercise in the gym. Although it would be ideal if you will enroll in a gym and get a trainer to get proper training and enough motivation to do the best you can, it is also enough that you have a discipline to run or stretch every morning or every night before you sleep . If you have sports then make this as your exercise. However, if you are not the athletic type and you are not comfortable running or jumping around then you could have other alternatives like yoga. This is great for your body and also for your mind. Yoga will help you find the inner peace and relaxation that you need to be able to continue in life. If you want to learn how to practice yoga, you could enroll to various yoga classes or you could also read about this.
3. Get enough sleep – sometimes, when we are still young we tend to overwork, we are abusing our body by not having sleep. However, this is not healthy at all. If you really can not avoid staying up late because of work or your studies then make sure to get enough sleep during weekends. …
The way most people ask about how much dental implants cost sound very much the way they would ask how much a car costs and with good reason. As with cars, the cost of which will depend on what type and model of car you require, the cost you pay for implants depends on how many implants you need and why you need them.
On a good day, patients can expect to pay anywhere between the amounts of $1,200 to $3,000, not including any of the fixtures above it or anything else to hold your teeth in. If you’re going to pay for the implant, the piece that goes into it, the crown on top of that and grafting materials, this could set you back about $3,500 to $4,000 for that type of implant. OK, so it is actually closer to purchasing a new car but the thing is, dental implants last longer and well, even if you have the flashiest car around, if you mumble or slur your words because of ill-fitting dentures or bridges, then the car may actually be a better investment.
The good news is, you can actually find dental implants that won’t break the bank. Dental implants that are affordable don’t easily come by but with a lot of patience you may be able to find one at about half of the total cost and maybe even ones for free. All you need to know is where to look.
The first thing you need to do is discuss your options with your dentist. He or she may be able to come up with affordable payment plans or allow you to pay for your implants in installments. He or she may even suggest that you get dental discount cards that they participate in, ones that offer at least 30%-50% on dental procedures and are usually valid for a year.
Another way to afford your dental implants is to shop around for dental insurance policies that cover a substantial part, if not the full price for dental implant procedures. While most dental insurance policies won’t cover dental implants because it is considered cosmetic procedure, it is better to have at least a part of it covered than having to pay for it all when your budget clearly doesn’t allow it even if you need it.
You can also try to browse for cosmetic dental clinics online that offer payment plans for their patients to get dental implants. Find sites that accept Hicaps and most reputable health cards, as well as credit through any financing institutions. Sites that allow you extended payment options ensures you get the treatment when you want it and when you need it without worrying about how to pay for it.
It is also recommended that you take advantage of your benefits package at work if you have any. Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) allow you to contribute money from every pay period before they are taxed, and this is the same money you can …
Healthy eating is important for everyone, from babies to the elderly. Learning to eat well is more than just eating a variety of foods so that your body gets the proper nutrients. It is also about enjoyment of foods and maintaining a healthy weight. Anyone can eat for good health. It involves 2 simple steps. First is to eat foods from all the different food groups. The second step is to eat a variety of foods from each group every day. Sounds simple. However so many people are not following a healthy eating plan. Busy lifestyles, availability of fast food, advertising and a lack of understanding of what healthy food is, all work against people trying for healthyier eating. Unhealthy eating causes illness and weight problems. Type 2 diabetes is increasing dramatically and is directly linked to the increase in obesity. Heart disease and some cancers are also linked to obesity.
A study by the Medical Journal of Australia found that 56% of Australian adults are considered overweight or obese. This is a 61% increase in obesity since 1991 Un-treated obesity poses significant, even life-threatening health risks.
Everyone understands the importance of having car / home / insurance. Have you considered the importance of nutritional insurance? This means eating the foods that will protect you against future disease, and understanding the benefits nutritional supplements can provide.
If you are currently not following a healthy plan you will be surprised that you are most likely not eating enough. You may need to increase the amount of food you consume.
Daily Food Suggestions
Fruit 2-3 servings, Vegetables 5-7 serves, Protein 3-6 serves, Whole grains 2-3 serves, Dairy 2-3 serves
Antioxidant Super Foods
Antioxidants help prevent cellular damage. Eat plenty of foods rich in antioxidants such as almonds, berries, citrus, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
1. Top your cereal with almonds or berries; Add tomatoes to sandwiches, soups or stews; Layer your whole grain bread sandwich with slices of peppers and fresh spinach.
2. Pack a snack bag of nuts, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, and bell pepper slices for a nutritious pick-me-up between meals.
3. Protein snack bars carry easily for quick energy and a tasty treat.
Calcium is the super nutrient that keeps bones and teeth strong. Now research shows that low-fat dairy also helps people lose weight! The best sources of calcium come from the cow.
1. Start your day with a protein rich breakfast. Add a bowl of whole grain cereal topped with skim milk and fresh fruit for a breakfast of champions.
2. Snack on low-fat yogurt or cheese between meals for an energizing treat.
3. Calcium-fortified juices and cereals are excellent alternatives to meet your three-a-day requirement.
Fiber does wonderful things for the body, from lower cholesterol levels, keeping you regular, and sometimes preventing certain cancers. Grandma called it roughage and we need plenty of it each day.
1. Read food labels to find whole grain breads and cereals that provide three or more grams …
Osaka is the second largest city of Japan. This financial centre is home to 7% of the Japanese population and also draws in outsiders with its reputation as a major tourist destination. Osaka has many renowned recreational parks, castles, shrines, aquariums and beaches. In general, the health care sector of Osaka is well developed and has many world class hospitals with English speaking employees to care for the needs of visitors to the country. This article outlines some of the better hospitals of Osaka.
Kitano Hospital, located at 2-4-20 Ohgimachi,Kita-ku,Osaka was founded in 1928 and is operated by the reputable Tazuke Kofukai Foundation. Kitano Hospital has 707 beds and more than 1000 staff. It has full fledged sectors for all medical specialties including dialysis and mind-body medicine. The hospital has well designed OPD, a research center and a relaxation room. The surgery sector features a central operation theater and conducts a variety of general and specific surgeries. The modern hematology department offers effective treatment for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The hospital has 24-hour emergency and ambulatory care and a well equipped emergency room(ER) where service of many physicians and surgeons are available. The departments of anesthesiology and critical care medicine are comprised of 7 staff doctors and 5 residents who work in association to provide the best possible care. The ICU has modern facilities to provide respiratory, sedative, circulatory and analgesic care to patients. This is also a premier institution for medical education and research. Tel: 6-6361-0588
Sumitomo Hospital situated at 2-2 Nakanoshima 5-chome, Kita-ku, Osaka is another reliable hospital in Osaka that provides high quality health care service. This modern hospital founded in 1921 employs eminent doctors and offers especially good personal care to its patients. This huge health care facility has full fledged departments in all medical specialties including some rare specialties. These special centers include a cancer chemotherapy center, a diabetes center and a digestive disease center. The surgery department has the necessary facilities to perform various operations such as thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, and cardiovascular surgery. In addition, the hospital has well equipped ICUs, an emergency department and various laboratories. Warm accommodations in spacious rooms are provided in the hospital. Tel: (06) 6443-1261
Nissay Hospital is situated at Itatibori 6-chome, Nishi-ku, 550-0012 in Osaka. It is a well equipped general hospital that offers quality medical service. This modern hospital has achieved the certificate of approval from the Council for Quality Health Care and is recognized by numerous medical societies of Japan. The hospital provides comprehensive health care in every medical department. It has a minimally invasive medical center, a cancer treatment center, and a center for lifestyle-related diseases. The surgery section of the hospital is prepared to conduct endoscopic surgeries such as thoracic, spinal, abdominal, gynecologic and urological surgeries. The hospital also offers effective service in hemodialysis, bone marrow transplants, blood stem cell transplants, antibody therapy, glaucoma surgery, laser photocoagulation and much more. Luxurious accommodations are also available. The hospital is also a well known …
What is chronic halitosis?
The most common cause of chronic halitosis (chronic bad
breath) is an oral condition such as bacterial build up in
the mouth, a cavity, or abscess. Another possible cause is
bacteria that produce volatile sulfur compounds on the
tongue which can occur either because your body produces
too much naturally, or from a high protein diet. Another
common cause of chronic halitosis is dry mouth. All the
conditions mentioned above are breeding grounds for the
bacteria that cause bad breath. But there are cures for
chronic bad breath which we’ll get into later.
To start, since you may be immune to the smell of your
breath, the easiest way to determine if you have chronic
halitosis is to ask someone you trust, like a spouse,
parent or sibling.
Causes of chronic halitosis
If your suspicions of halitosis are confirmed there are
some easy and effective cures for chronic bad breath, but
first you must know what is causing it. Some common causes
o Odorous foods, foods high in protein and even coffee can
cause chronic halitosis.
o Cavities, decay, abscesses and gum disease can also
create bad breath.
o Tobacco use
o Alcohol and alcohol-based mouth washes
o Allergies, sinus problems and the common cold
o Infrequent or incorrect brushing and flossing
o Body over producing bacteria is another cause of chronic
o Certain medications or diseases
o Dry mouth
Cures for Chronic Bad Breath
So, what are some cures for chronic bad breath. The good
news is there are many.
o If you are due, schedule an appointment with your dentist
for a check-up and cleaning. Make him aware of the problem,
so he can check your oral health.
o Brush and floss after every meal.
o Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist. A few
times per day, while drinking water, squish it around your
mouth and in between your teeth to break up any food that
may be hiding.
o Add baking soda to your toothpaste to help kill odors in
o Stay away from alcohol-based mouth washes and sprays.
Instead make a wash using a couple drops of tea tree oil
o Trade in your breath mints for parley, cloves or thyme.
o Avoid diets high in fat or high in protein
o If you’re a dairy addict, cut back and see if this helps
your chronic halitosis.
Brush that Bad Right Out of Your Breath
Sounds simple, but a very easy way to get rid of chronic
halitosis is to brush and floss directly after every meal.
Now, this does not mean that people who suffer from chronic
halitosis don’t brush their teeth or have poor hygiene; it
simply means you may have to do so more frequently.
Flossing regularly will also help cure chronic bad breath
as it will loosen and eliminate any food lodged between
Can bad breath be treated?
Yes, but first you must identify the cause and …
For most men, an erect penis is a source of pride and something they want to show off. But when that erect penis happens during a job interview, lunch meeting with the boss or dinner with the in-laws, it’s definitely become a penis problem. When a guy has an erect penis at the wrong time, he might try all sorts of tactics to get rid of it, and some of them run counter to his good intentions for proper penis care. Fortunately, there are ways to hide his erect penis until nature decides it’s time to deflate the member.
1. Never get abusive. Some guys will choose to pinch, squeeze or use other harsh methods to bring their erect penis into submission. And though a sore penis often deflates just as quickly as it became erect, it’s important to remember that this kind of panicky damage control can actually do even more damage than the erect penis ever could. Rather than resort to methods like this, a guy should think things through and find a different solution.
2. Camouflage like crazy. When things get hard, a guy should stay seated. Standing up and walking around will only draw attention to the bulge in his pants, but sitting down and crossing his legs will help hide the problem. He can also throw a jacket across his lap, or even hold a book in a very convenient position to hide what’s going on below.
3. Think bad thoughts. While a guy is sitting there, he should be thinking about things that are decidedly not going to turn him on any further. Thinking about paying his taxes, dealing with that awful project at work, or even facing a serious fear – such as a claustrophobic dude crawling through a tight pipe or a man with a fear of heights imagining a fall from a skyscraper – can almost immediately take care of the erect penis problem.
4. Walk properly. If a man must walk around, he should do so with purpose. Simply march right out of the room after saying goodbyes and keep up a fast pace. This helps in two ways: First, it makes the body believe that no, there is not going to be any use for that erect penis, and it can shut down the anticipation. And second, a quick walk will reroute blood flow to the muscles of the body that are now working harder, thus leading to less of an erection.
5. Get it off. If things are truly out of hand, a man should take matters into his hand. If an erect penis refuses to quit and a man is potentially going to embarrass himself horribly if it continues, he can simply excuse himself to the bathroom to rub one out, thus taking care of the problem. But keep in mind that by going at this fast and furious, and probably without lube, a guy runs the risk of irritation, redness and other penis problems. It’s an …
The cost of going to the dentist without a plan or insurance can take a big chunk out of the wallet. Some employers have coverage for their employees, but not all companies and places of work supply this service. If you have a family, the visits to the dentist can become a financial burden. With the economy the way it is, people are looking to find ways to save money and to cut corners. Having a good dental insurance or plan can make the difference in keeping your money in your pocket instead of paying high dental bills.
Many dental plans have discount plans that can help the average person to be able to make more frequent visits to the dentist. They come with many advantages such as no age discrimination, no health restriction, activation is quick, no paperwork hassles, no referral for a Specialist and group rates that are available. They also offer a 30-day refund policy, which makes the dental plans so appealing to the consumer.
Other benefits include a membership package that is provided online. It will include instructions and tips for increasing your savings. A membership card and a welcome letter are also provided. It also will provide a detailed schedule of the discounts and fees on different dental procedures. There is also a support and contact document that is included in the membership package.
Dental care is a very important part of looking after ourselves and keeping us healthy. Having the proper dental care will help prevent diseases and problems that can occur. By having a good dental plan, will enable the consumer to have the best chance at taking care of their smile. …